Friday, March 27, 2009

Academia

Classes here are cool, even though they're in the way of my super cool Australian getaway.

I'm taking an Australian history course, which is revealing alot of cool stuff and dirty laundry about Australia that I've never heard of before.
Then there's my Logic course, which is way too much of a jerkoff than I can tolerate.
Then there's my Circuitry course, which is scaring me to death.

The last and most interesting course would be my Design and Manufacturing course. I'm in a team for that class and we have to machine a piston/cylinder water pump, which is hella cooler than the University of Michigan course equivalent where we would've made a case for eyeglasses. The only problem is that I'm pretty sure my machine shop instructor hates me.

Story time! I was in the machine shop last week, doing a lathing assignment where accuracy had to be obtained within half a millimeter. I was doing something wrong, so my instructor thought it would be a good idea to sneak up behind me and yell in my ear while I was working on that part. I can't think of anything smarter to do while I'm working with a machine that can eat my hand.

Did you know that a semester here costs $10,000 AUD? And that the government gives loans that are interest free until a year after graduation to all students? And if you manage to pay any of it early your tuition is lower?

Wow, a government that encourages higher education? How backwards.

Also consider that the minimum wage here is $14.31, and they're trying to raise it too.

My uncle is reading my blog, and he's got the best screen name ever. But it makes me wonder who else is lurking through my blog~


2 comments:

  1. In other news, guess who gave Don Hertzfeldt a copy of your comic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. we're making cars this year, so thats not completely lame

    ReplyDelete