Monday, March 30, 2009

Museum of Contemporary Art


OK OK OK OK.

So as most of you know, I'm a dumb art nerd.

So I spent a Saturday afternoon downtown, finishing with a trip to the Sydney Museum of Contemporary Art on a friend's suggestion. I really want to do more sightseeing instead of hitting up all the pubs and clubs with everyone.

Those of you familiar with the MCA in Chicago should be as skeptical as I am about the quality of 'modern art'. However, Australian artists picked up the slack and I really enjoyed what I saw!!

Unfortunately, the best exhibition there was not by an Australian artist. Yayoi Kusama took the prize easily with her TRIPPY INSTALLATIONS. I'm actually hidden in the first photo of this post, can you find me??


I like artists like her. They do what they want and they have no pretentious background behind their works, aside from the fact that they're what they want to do in the way they want to do it. What's fun? What's cool? Go for it and don't think twice. That's all there is to it.

There was also a 'I Walk The Line: New Australian Drawing' exhibition which had alot of really great Australian artists posting some of their work. Superb.

MOST IMPORTANTLY is the knowledge that a ZINE EXCHANGE will be held in May.

I think Australia needs a few copies of GIRLS ARE MADE OF ROBOTS AMIRITE!???


Thanks to the Gargoyle for giving a copy of said book to DON HERTZFELDT while he was in Ann Arbor. I LOVE YOU GUYSSSSSSS

No comments:

Post a Comment