Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Things Australians Say Wrong #5


Ah, I seem to have not covered the Opera House yet.

Well, I'm not going to do one of their extremely overpriced tours, but I think I have way too many photos of the damn building anyway. I mean, somehow everytime I travel through downtown Sydney, I end up near the Opera House.

On that note, here is another list of things Australians say wrong.

Central Business District (CBD) = Downtown
Busk = Street Performing (Apparently a real word?? I refuse to believe this!)
Uni = University (I've actually taken a liking to saying uni)
Jumper = Hoodie
Goon = Box Wine
Piss = Grog = Alcohol
Pissed = Drunk = Angry
Piss Off = GTFO
Colour = Color
Labourer = Laborer
Harbour = Harbor
Aluminium = Aluminum

To all the Australians reading this blog: One of you said that it sounds like I'm just bashing Australians, but I'm not. I'm just providing a humorous perspective to your backwards nonsense ways to my filthy American friends and family members.

AT ANY RATE, HERE ARE A MILLION PHOTOS I TOOK OF THE OPERA HOUSE.

This is a view from the Harbour Bridge


This IS the Harbour Bridge


and THIS is the Opera House lit up for the VIVID festival going on in Sydney. Its a big event with big concerts, art shows, and the like.



The images changed every five minutes, and the images were projected from this huge thing from all across the bay.


Cooler than the projections on the antennas of the Sears Tower. But only a little bit cooler...

Lets see, I still have to cover the Chinese Gardens, the waterfront, the Harbour Bridge, and a whole bunch of other shizzz.

2 comments:

  1. Busking is actually the correct term, dude. LEARN ENGLISH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I have definitely heard the word "busker" used to refer to street performers.

    ReplyDelete