Thursday, April 30, 2009

GHOST TRAIN!!!


C'mon, c'mon, c'mooooooooooooooooooooon [GHOST TRAIN!]

Ghost Train by the Gorillaz is the mandatory song that should be playing on your iPod whenever you are riding a train.

That aside, I rode the Sydney rails for the first time today!


Interesting facts!

The buses and trains in Sydney run on an EXACT schedule as per the time tables posted at each stop. I don't mean 'Chicago accurate', IE they stop within an hour of the posted time. I mean DOWN TO THE MINUTE. I haven't heard of a case where the buses or trains were late where they had no real reason to be late.

However, this tends to be a bad thing, since I tend to miss the bus by 30 seconds on the listed time, making me feel like a loser. If I missed a bus in Chicago, I'd blow it off because those buses only come around when they feel like it.

Damn, you have more of a chance seeing a ghost train at a Chicago bus stop than you do seeing an actual CTA vehicle.


Also, toilets are provided at every station. This is not only important for passengers, but for the people who clean the trains as well. Being such a janitorial worker once upon a Chicago summer, I can't stress how important it is to provide the ignorant masses with restrooms aplenty.

Speaking about cleanliness, Sydney buses, trains, and stations are EXTREMELY clean. What's your excuse, Chicago?

No comments:

Post a Comment