Monday, June 8, 2009

Lazy Post

Damn.

Just got back from six hours of trekking the mean streets of Sydney with my thug crew. Today's post is gonna be lazy, deal with it.


May 24th was the Sydney Zine Fair at the Museum of Contemporary Art, and it was pretty kickass. Just a big group of people who made books about random shit or filled with random art. Zines about donuts, zines filled with found family photos, zines for people who love unicorns (or the 50-centaur); I've got to admit, my reading gland was rock'med and sock'med.

Also making a guest appearance was "Girls are Made of Robots"! Which looked like complete shit next to all the great stuff I saw! Kudos for my friend who had a table and sold my books there.


Don't forget that "Happy Little Hamburgers" will (hopefully) be coming out by the end of the year! Grab your ankles, because it's coming for YOU.

Other things of interest:

The Femme Fatale exhibition at the Justice and Police Museum. Went on a trip with my Australian history course, and learned all about the history of female pimps, prohibition liquor ladies, and knifey chicks in general. The old movie posters and a small display about The Spirit were also a nice touch.


Oh, and also, a tree that dispensed tissues. I filled my whole messenger bag up with these tissues on the way back from the zine fair. Superb.

1 comment:

  1. I still read this, just to lazy to post a comment XD

    ReplyDelete